Zanu-PF and MDC formations must find each other and solve Zimbabwe’s problems
Analysis Column By Akson Potera
Zanu-PF and MDC must set their political differences aside to serve and save our nation.
Zimbabwe (Dzimbabwe or Dzimbadzemabwe) means houses of stone, and this literally means strength of structure.
Biblically, a house built on the rock is stronger and lasts forever – rather than one that is built on soil.
This symbol of strength must be restored by Zanu-PF, MDCA, and all of us.
It is high time that Zanu-PF and MDC A should shift from politics of power to politics of national interest and development.
Based on my 10 point National Dialogue Forum (NDF) which I proposed and was published by many media houses including The Sunday Express, it is certainly possible and beneficial for Zanu-PF and MDCA to come to the round table for the sake of pulling our only beautiful country out of the mud.
1. If Zanu-PF considers the total number of voters for which voted for the two parties – they obviously must (not should) come together as a way of respecting 5k+ voters who voted in 2018.
2. Opposition supporters are Zimbabweans too and pay the same tax as those in Zanu-PF and/or supporting it. So the taxpayer’s money should be economically spent for every citizen despite their political view or belief. Thus MDCA should also be part and parcel of any national development plan (NDP).
3. There are certain skills (technical and contextual) that are locked out of the government because they are banked in the opposition storage system.
That is wrong, after elections all Zimbabweans must switch off the election mode and shift to national development or national interest which needs public (MDCA and Zanu included), private and 3rd sectors.
4. It is not a hidden fact that Zanu pf alone has failed so it needs other parties like what Ramaphosa did when he came in, he appointed “Patricia De Lille of ID” the little known party as a minister, that alone shows leadership competence. Even in Tswane Metro EFF is working with ANC after Mmusi Maimane and Herman Mashaba of DA left the party.
5. Poverty has no boundaries. But so is development. Hence all Zimbabweans must fight it together for the betterment of their lives.
6. Application of devolution is the first step towards unity of purpose. If Zimbabweans form developmental bonds across the country, no doubt Zimbabwe will develop.
Selfishness only serves the interests of the few while all voters suffer the same consequences.
When Mandela took power in 1994 he didn’t stash National Party leadership under the carpet. NP then led by PW Botha continued to serve in the Mandela government.
Mbeki took over and worked with the then ANC arch-rival, Dr Mangosuthu Buthelezi of IFP as minister of home affairs, that is leadership.
Opponents are not enemies and the slogan “Pasi na Nhingi” has no room for a free Zimbabwe.
Zanu pf and MDCA differences have become a thorn in our lives. For the above reasons, it is of paramount importance to have Zanu-PF and MDC clusters and formations must find each other
Concerned Citizen Akson Potera
This is Community Politics.
Empowerment is the beginning of development.
Akson Potera, Interim President of ADP Zimbabwe. firstname.lastname@example.org.
See News Differently
Facebook: Zimbabwe Digital News
Zimbabwe Digital News